*** ADVENTURES OF A MINISTER-IN-TRAINING ***

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Mundane Adventures of Chicken Legs [Blogmania Day 2]

Going with Blogmania now. I think just a little less cheesy than Blogathon...but admittedly not by much.

So this is a plug to visit the actual RANTS TO REVELATIONS page if you're using a reader or subscribing by email. You're missing out on one of my new gems that has taken on a life of its own. Last month I mentioned my fondness for spinning and my distaste for [and I quote] "my bony skinny scrawny chicken legs." [am I being redundant by using quotation marks and saying "and I quote"?...did I just do it again...do you even care?].

Jesus said to love your enemies and do good to those who despise you. These chicken legs aren't friends of mine and they ain't been exactly showing me any love either, so I'm giving them some love by featuring them on my 12seconds channel. There's a player in my blog sidebar so check it out for updates on Chicken Legs.

I know...it doesn't even make sense, but here's the thing: spring is coming fast. It's 80+ degrees here in Raleigh today and everyone's gonna be sporting the plaid shorts [unless they've mercifully gone out of style and back the golf courses where they belong...I own 3 pair incidentally]. I figure the only way I'm jumping on that bandwagon is if I'm not self-conscious about the cluckers. And the only way that's gonna happen is if I can love and laugh about them. This works for any hideous body part you detest...or job or situation or person. Don't wait for it to change, but change your view on it first. It's ridiculous but it works.

Next video series: Beer Belly Exploits.

1 comments:

RachelWriting said...

Ha! My new favorite: Chicken legs watching chicken legs. lmao