*** ADVENTURES OF A MINISTER-IN-TRAINING ***

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Welcome To My Yard - Part.2

No fear...the new yard signs haven't disappeared.
But I heard a pretty amazing story last night...

As in my case, an Obama sign was stolen and the culprits left the wire frame/stake behind.
This obviously evolved individual put a white card on the frame and simply wrote:
"I RESPECT YOUR CHOICE...PLEASE RESPECT MINE."

I admit I was instantly jealous when I heard this...why didn't I think of that?
My petty human response to my theft was anger, and now another petty response...jealousy.
But the jealousy quickly graduated to its light-side-of-the-force counterpart: Admiration.
Admiration for the ability make, I think, an even more powerful statement.
It is a statement that reflects the better part of us, that part to make a stand yet not give over to chaos when things aren't going our way.
For all the faults of the democratic and electoral process in this country, things to deteriorate to bedlam.
Granted, the McCain-Palin rallies have been getting a little crazy, yet no matter who becomes our next president, I'm sure there won't be violence.
(There may be some outta-this-world celebrating when...I mean if...Obama wins, but that's another story)
I'm holding firm that the better part of us will emerge triumphant.
We owe it to ourselves.

0 comments: