*** ADVENTURES OF A MINISTER-IN-TRAINING ***

Friday, May 9, 2008

The beginning of belief is doubt

Not really doubt, but rather disbelief

Disbelief causes questioning

Questioning causes re-examining

Re-eaxmining causes a paradigm shift

In the moment that shift occurs there is emptiness as we have let go our previously held belief

We replace it with a new, hopefully deeper, more open idea which we hold for some time

At some time we begin to disbelieve

I am beginning to disbelieve God

Not really God itself, but what I have believed about God

Yes...maybe God itself

This a wonderfully depressing park bench on which to set for a spell, all things considered

Namely, I have just began my studies as a minister-in-training

Dare I disbelieve what is and will be my vocation

Naturally
--
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
http://www.mobylo.com/emv/

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 comments: