*** ADVENTURES OF A MINISTER-IN-TRAINING ***

Sunday, January 6, 2008

balance

the discipline of daily writing
is a difficult practice to master
four days have passed in the blink of an eye
i have done little work on the novel
and no entries here
 
i have been living life
i have been honoring my resolution
to cultivate and sustain friendships
 
i have been spending time with new friends
sharing a laugh over salads and sandwiches
getting to know each other
 
i have connected with old friends
i group of men that helped me find my way
when i was lost in my own disillusionment
 
the biggest obstacle in my way of writing
is that i would rather read a good book
 
and isn't all life about balance?
do i believe there is time for it all?
 
monday i return to a job that
i am doing my best to leave
soon i will leave
soon
 

0 comments: